Too Busy for Coupons Home

When You Just Want to Shop...


Being frugal can be hard and there are always ways to save money, but there are days when you just want to buy something, when money is burning a hole in your pocket. Believe me, I get this feeling too... and it's ok! Saving money and using coupons deserves rewards as long as it's in moderation. Here are some great pick-me-ups and little perks to buy every once in a blue moon (if you buy them every time you are shopping it's not really a fun reward, right?!?) all for under $5. Now these are just some of my ideas for fun, I'm pretty low maintenance so if you have any other fun suggestions make sure you leave a comment with your idea!!

Fun Treats for Under $5

1. Buy a new lip gloss or chap stick. Burt's Bees runs for around $3 for the original chap stick. Another fun one to try is eos lip balm, I have the sweet mint and love it!

2. Love to send letters? Pick up some new stationary and mail out some letters to friends and family. I can stand in the stationary section at Target for hours. Cards start sound $1.

3. Give in and buy your favorite candy bar or candy. Candy is a fun, cheap pick-me-up and usually starts around $.50. My favorite treat is fruit flavored Mentos... yum!

4. Buy a plant, yea I know it sounds silly, but I love having plants around the house. African Violets bloom year round, or a small cactus is super easy to take care of. Small plants can be found at Walmart, Lowes, or Home Depot and are priced from $3-$5.

5. Add a fun pair of socks to your wardrobe. I love argyle socks... love them. Single pairs of socks at Old Navy and Target can be found for under $5.

6. Hit the thrift store... you'll be able to find tons of goodies for under $5. If you like it, buy it!

7. Pick up some new office supplies. Head to the store and buy the star shaped paper clips, or some new mechanical pencils. These are practical items, but having something new is always fun. Office supplies can start as low as $1.

8. Have a favorite drink? Splurge and pick one up at the store. Whether it is Gatorade, Starbucks, soda, or a fruit drink, it's a nice reward for the car ride home. Drinks start around $1.

9. Love to cook? Add a new kitchen utensil to your kitchen. Now this peeler from Target is a little over $5, but I definitely want to use it... how cute!!!

10. Shop the bargain bins at the bookstore. You'll definitely be able to snag a new cookbook, novel, or craft book for under $5.

0 comments: